Wednesday, August 11, 2010

yes...

This moment could not have come sooner. The feeling of release and contentment; it's a feeling I have yearned and desired since this time begun. I think of my struggles and how I foolishly assumed that a man would be there for me. The hardships I faced, the case I caught, the emotional pain associated with being taken advantage of and all through it, I expected the man whose back I had effortlessly would do the same in return. I was wrong and I struggled with that and wanted reasons for his departure. I took almost a year crying - profusely - searching for answers for the way things had become. Everything I did reminded me of what WE did and it hurt me to think of all our various memories and be painfully reminded that it's all over. 

So pathetic, but I realize it was necessary for me. I love how God takes you through lessons of love and life. I realized that if you pay attention, you retain the best way to learn that time heals all wounds. And in the end, i can surmise that I have been blessed with loving someone; I adored the former; I took all his good with his bad, I taught him how to make the best out of life and he taught me a distinctive method in to making my way through life. I appreciate all I have learned and I'll take my lessons learned with me onto the next venture, if that happens. Further I'm blessed for these lessons learned without marriage or children; I'm sure that would prolong the disillusionment and keep me anchored to something toxic.

Anyway, it's over, I'm done. I have no more tears to shed; "he" today isn't worth one. This feels awesome. I love me more today. I can say I've a accomplished a huge feat. I know I'll have bad moments but the good part is they will pass. I have enough faith that they will keep moving. Thank you God. You're always good and always on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment